EMS residency, Stockholm
In February EMS (Stokholm Electromusicstudion) had a call for artist residency.
I have sent in an application, which EMS approved and invited me to spend a week in one of their multichannel studios in May. I worked 6-8 hours a day, which was the most intense artistic work I have ever done before. As a result, at the end of the residency I had 4 minutes of my new piece - Perihelion.
Besides, I had a chance to meet with several inspiring artists and spend evenings listening and discussing our work.
Beast Feast festival, Birmingham
In May we had another study trip to Birmingham where we got a chance to listen to British electroacoustic composers’ pieces performed at the BEAST FEAST festival. I have also applied for the call with my work which has not been selected. Therefore I was especially interested in the pieces to be presented in the festival program. Surprisingly, the better part of the pieces presented did not meet my expectations, though there were several very inspiring works as well.
Making Waves - Laying the Groundwork for the Future of Music Technology in Tbilisi
Inspired by the results of the Music Technology Week project in February, I together with Mike McCormick and Giuseppe Pisano started to write a bigger scale project which would involve educational part as well as a 2-day international experimental electroacoustic music festival in Tbilisi. The project idea was pretty interesting and promising, which is why NMH and CEMPE got involved and secured a funding for us.
The project offers 3 modules:
- Spatialization techniques (Mariam)
- Supercollider (Mike)
- Field recording and sound ecology (Giuseppe)
taught over three project weeks. As a result, newly composed pieces from the attending students, as well as us and a guest artist from Norway will be presented in a 2-day festival in April 2020.
The project takes off in October.



No comments:
Post a Comment