Monday, April 27, 2020

AUGUST 2019


Spatial Music Workshop and Residency, Virginia Tech, US

Virginia Tech arranges annual spatial music workshops that take place every summer in the studios of the campus. The project involves daily workshops in the Cube theater where the selected artists are meeting with the invited scientists and artists working in the field. Besides, there are certain hours of studio time given to every participant to work on their projects, presented at the end of the week. 
I have applied with my newly started piece - Perihelion. The application has been selected and I have been invited to travel to the US. 
Thanks to the funding I received from Creative Georgia, I have spent a week in Virginia Tech, together with 6 other selected artists from around the world.



CUBE fest 2019, Virginia Tech, US

CUBE Fest is an annual event taking place in Virginia Tech, a week before the Spatial Music Workshop. Hurria was the piece I applied with, which got selected for the festival program. I have attended a 3-day festival and listened to nearly 50 pieces, mostly from American composers. Two different venues were chosen for the concerts, the Perform studio with a 24.4 speaker array and Cube studio with a 144.8 speaker array and 360 degree video projection. Besides new works, spatialized versions of Suzanne Ciani's Buchla Concerts album as well as The Beatles's White Album was also in the program. 




No comments:

Post a Comment