Monday, April 27, 2020

FEBRUARY 2020



NMH concert #5 - Trevor Wishart

At the end of his week-long masterclass, a concert with Trevor Wishart's music took place at Levinsalen. I was offered to either diffuse one of his pieces or to present mine. I decided to diffuse a stereo version of my Perihelion, which in the end did not sound as good in stereo as it does in multichannel setup. But the concert was very special, having Wishart presenting his music. I heard some of his works I have not heard before and once again I was very inspired with what I heard. 



Making Waves, Project week #2

In the second week I had two lectures and used both of them to explain higher order ambisonics and cover the IEM plugins. We also had a close look at Reaper, as this is the software that is not taught at the Conservatoire. Some of the students shared their first ever multichannel works, which they are going to continue working to premiere at the festival in April. 

Nymusikk EAM concert

Nymusikk organised the first multichannel music concert this year. Most of the group members presented their work, 6 works in total. The concert took place at the small concert venue at Bruket, which surprisingly sounded perfect for electroacoustic music. The hall was full and all of the seats were occupied, which made the concert very special and the atmosphere very nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment