Monday, April 27, 2020

JANUARY 2020



Music video, Tbilisi

A friend of mine, visual artist and director Leo Decristoforo was visiting Tbilisi this year, shooting a final footage for a documentary he is currently working on. Since he had all the equipment with him, we decided to shoot a video in the old parts of the city. I have made soundscape recordings of the places we were shooting at, and I am going to put the audio/video material together as a audiovisual piece later on. 


Workshop - Andrew Hill

Andrew hill was visiting Oslo as part of the research program his is part of. We had group and individual composition workshops with him. He was a very good teacher, and he had several very useful comments about my finished and work-in-progress pieces. 


Workshop - Trevor Wishart

Wishart's workshop was something I have been waiting for since I first learned he would be visiting us for a concert and lectures. His Vox 5 was the very first electroacoustic music piece I heard, which was the reason why I later dug into acousmatic music. 
The group lectures we heard were similar to the ones publicly available on YouTube, but the individual class was a very special experience. Besides listening to my works, we discussed general topics as well, such as giving titles to pieces, finding working poetic ideas behind technically advanced projects etc. 



No comments:

Post a Comment