Lyden av - Interactive Musical Playground
The project has been selected by the committee of Lyden av Musikkhøgskolen festival, so Balint Laczko and I have been working on the project and being almost done when due to COVID-19 the festival has been cancelled.
The project idea is to create an interactive musical space where participants can compose, spatialize and live-process sound over an 8-channel speaker array using their smartphones. The soundscape will be based on material recorded from all around the area of the installation, in this case - Oslo S central station. The installation will be up and running all day, and anyone interested can join in and play as a solo or as part of a group (up to around 10 people at a time). All one needs to start playing is to connect to our wifi network and visit a webpage in the browser.
Participants will be able to use their smartphones to control the location, movement and musical parameters of sounds with arm gestures drawn in the air, as well as by interacting with a graphical user interface on the screen. The system will also build up a musical environment reacting to their earlier drawings.
Choir rehearsals
This month I have attended a VOXlab meeting, organised by Kristin Norderval, where I had a chance to present my project about vocal ensemble and Ambisonics and offer the group members to participate, if interested. After a week from that meeting I had confirmations from 8 professional singers and composers, including: Kristin, Ruth Mayer, Kristin Bolstad and Bendik Sells.
The first rehearsal was supposed to happen during the Alexander Trembley visit at NMH, on 24 of March, which has also been cancelled due to COVID.
Now the only plan to submit the piece is to make a mock-up version.
Tunnel Recordings
I have been planning to record the tunnel next to where I live, near Bjølsen for a while. This week I have borrowed SPS200 for 3 days and spent several hours in the tunnel during the night, recording myself singing and sounds played back from a bluetooth speaker. The reverb in there sounds amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment