Monday, April 27, 2020

NOVEMBER 2019


The Evergreen State College concert, US

One of the participants of the Spatial Music Workshop in Virginia Tech last summer was a composition teacher from Evergreen College - Arun Chandra, who after listening to my Hurria at Cube Fest asked if I would be interested in having it played at a concert in the college. The piece was presented together with other pieces from the festival, which Arun selected himself.




NMH concert #4 - Electro Dream Space

Another NMH concert planned in November 2019 was a sound diffusion concert which I decided to compose a new piece for. Composing in stereo after all of the pieces I have done in Ambisonics turned out to be a simpler task and so I finished the piece in 2 weeks. 
The performance went pretty well taking into consideration that this was the first time for me to diffuse my piece. The title of the piece is Allotropy. 


Spatialization Techniques Workshop, NOTAM

I have been offered to conduct a 2-day workshop for Notam, IAC and EMS representatives during the Nordic Network meeting week at Notam. Day 1 was mostly focused on basic theory of VBAP and Ambisonics which stimulated a lot of questions among the workshop participants, some of which I never thought about myself. After moving to the studio to look at the sound examples, the theory became clearer. We spent Day 2 outside, making soundfield recordings with two different microphones, which we later cross-tested and discussed in the studio during the listening session.




No comments:

Post a Comment