Lillestrom high school - lecture about spatial music
In October I was offered to conduct a 2-hour lecture about Music Technology in Lillestrom high school where my audience was a group of teenagers. I have talked about the field generally, with emphasis on spatial composition. Besides, we had a look at various musical projects where technology has a leading role.
After the lecture we had a nice discussion about the project ideas the students are going to implement in the near future.
After the lecture we had a nice discussion about the project ideas the students are going to implement in the near future.
Transitions concert series, CCRMA
CCRMA arranges annual concert series that take place in their multichannel music hall, where Ambisonic works are programmed. Although there is no official call for works, I have been informed that the organisers were searching for new pieces for the program.
The Ambisonics version of my earlier 8-channel piece Hurria was just finished, so I sent it in. The piece was selected and performed at the concert.
NMH concert #1
In October Karlheinz Essl was visiting NMH. During the week we had several group lectures with him, where he talked about his compositional techniques, showed us instruments he built for his own performance. At the end of the week we have all presented our pieces together with Karlheinz in the Levinsalen, NMH. In this concert I have played an Ambisonic version of my earlier stereo piece, Coincidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment